Samsung Galaxy S4 Secret Short Codes
Just open up your keypad and dial these secret codes and enjoy a kind of smart phone customizations that never existed.
What the hell these secret codes do?
With these codes you can have a plethora of options to test various hardware aspects of your phone. They open a hidden menu in it and you gain access to functionalities that cannot be found in default Galaxy S4 settings menu otherwise. They empower you to locate the hardware components which has problems and you can diagnose whether they are working properly or not. Those codes apply to such hardware components as Speaker, Sensor, LCD, Touch Screen, Color, Camera, Speaker, Vibration and all sensors including Accelerometer, Proximity and Magnetic sensor, Sub key etc.
1. *#0*# - Fetches a screen titled LCD TEST to test Screen, Sensor, Vibration, Touch, Speaker, LED etc. It even gives out raw values for Light, Sensor, Barometer, etc in no time.
2. *#1234# - To check software version of phone.
3. *#12580*369# - To check software and hardware information.
4. *#0228# - Battery status (ADC, RSSI reading)
5. *#32489# - Service mode.
6. *#0011# - brings Service Mode or Service Menu and Band info.
7. *#0283# - Loobback Test.
8. *#03# - NandFlashHeaderRead.
9. *#9090# Service Mode.
10. *#7284# Factory Keystring.
11. *#1111# - Service Mode.
12. *#06# - IMEI.
13. *#0808# - USB Settings.
14. *#34971539# - Camera Firmware Standard.
15. *#9900# - Sys Dump.
16. *#7353# - Quick Test Menu.
17. *#197328640# - Service Mode, service mode settings.
18. *#2263 - RF Band Selection, band preference settings.
19. *#66336 - MDM Randump Mode (defaults to OFF) REP.
RESET - Samsung Galaxy S4 Reset Codes - Factory format, Hard Reset or Reset codes (GT-I9500, GT-I9505)
1. It takes some time to reset. So better fully charge your battery before going down this path. Symbian resets also had such a pre requirement.
2. All user generated data including contacts, messages will be irrecoverably erased. Copy all your necessary data, Contacts and Messages to SIM, backup to your PC or keep an online backup before a full reset.
3. Take out SIM and SD card.
4. Dont factory reset with SD card encryption setting enabled. The device will not be able to read your encrypted files. Disable this setting before resetting the device.
1. Force Reset.
Press and hold POWER button for 8-10 seconds. The device reboots on its own. If this does not melt the rigidities such as lags or stuck systems, you can do a factory reset.
2. Factory Format or Hard Reset
Enter *2767*3855#. It will do the Full factory reset. It does not ask you to confirm unless you have a problem.
3. Factory Data Reset
The code is *#7780#. It wont wait for your confirmation either.
4. Hard Reset
1. Press and hold "Volume Up" key and Home button.
2. Press Power until the phone vibrate.
3. When the Android logo appears, release all buttons.
4. Choose Wipe data Factory reset with Volume Down.
5. Press Power.
6. Select "Yes" delete all user data with VOLUME DOWN and then press Power
After format, press Power again to reboot phone. (select reboot system now)
5. Factory Data Reset
In Idle mode, open the application list and select Settings -> Back up and reset -> Factory data reset -> Reset device -> Delete all.
Better Taken Into Consideration.
 There is no code to access the adjustments of the sound. The I9505 still misses the function.
 Engineering Mode? Doesn't matter even there is no code for it, root and have a terminal installed.
 To get developer options to further screw it, go to Settings -> About and then on the build number, keep tapping (about 7 times). When you exit, it should open the developer options.
 On the Verizon version of the Galaxy S4, these codes do not work because the hidden menus are disabled by default.
 Even with these sophisticated codes, sometimes, you may find yourself stuck in service mode initial image.
 The Service Mode Main Menu code *#197328640#, sometimes can be interpreted as an unexpected value.